SoundBlocker Quilt PLUS Technical Data
A LIFE-TIME OF PERFORMANCE
SoundBlocker Quilt Plus is compress packaged sound insulation that is ideal for hassle free installation. It contains 60% British wool, 30% recycled polyester and 10% polyester binder with a high-recycled content.
The convenient compressed rolls of SoundBlocker Quilt Plus reduces transport impacts by nearly 50% compared to other alternative sound insulation. Once unpacked, it regains its original thickness to provide excellent thermal and acoustic insulation.
Like all sheep’s wool products, it is longlasting, safe to handle and contributes to a healthier indoor environment by regulating moisture and absorbing harmful airborne substances in the home.
• Thermal Conductivity: 0.039 Wm-1K-1
• Density of wool: 20 kgm3
• Density of Barrier layer: 2kg/m2
• Mould Resistance - CUAP 2002-01-25: Pass
• Moth/Beetle Proofing - ISO 3998: Pass
• Ignition Point: >500oC
• Spread of Fire to BS 5803-4: Pass
• Thickness: 50mm (tolerance +/- 5mm)
• Roll Size: 600mm and 1200mm
Thermal Resistance Km2W
• EN 11654:1997: Aa 1.00, Class A @ 100mm
• EN 11654:1997: Aa 0.75, Class B @ 55mm
We offer a comprehensive support to meet all your technical requirements including:
• Technical help line 0845 363 7131
• On-site and off-site support throughout the design and build process
• Advice on meeting current regulations including Building Regulations Part E and Code for Sustainable Homes
• Advice on environmental impact
• Application guidance notes, comprehensive product data and reports
INSTALLATION AND HANDLING
SoundBlocker Quilt Plus is harmless and can be installed without gloves or protective clothing, although we recommend you wear a dust mask in enclosed spaces such as lofts. It can be used in conjunction with a vapour permeable underlay if required to retain the benefits of water vapour absorption and release, Protect the insulation from prolonged exposure to sunlight when unpacked and avoid wetting for extended periods, store under cover and clear of the ground.
Lengths of SoundBlocker Quilt Plus can be cut down using a straight edge and a Stanley knife. For more accurate cutting, tightly compress or clamp the insulation beneath a solid piece of timber.
• Widths – nom. 600mm and 1200mm mm
• Roll Length – nom. 6m