SOUNDPROOFING, SOUND INSULATION & SOUND ABSORPTION MATERIALS
Noise Control solutions
Soundproofing of walls and party walls using a system to suit your pocket and space available from 27.5mm thick up to thicker, independent soundproofing systems.
Click HERE to go to soundproofing walls page.
Soundproofing a ceiling can be attained using options we can supply from 16mm up to deeper, independent, soundproofed suspended ceilings.
Click HERE to go to soundproofing ceilings page.
Soundproofing to meet regulation Part E
Soundproofing systems and solutions to bring separating floors and walls into compliance with Part E of the Building Regulations.
Most of our soundproofing systems can be installed by any DIY orientated person and full installation instructions are provided and can also be downloaded from the product pages on this web site. We also have a very reliable installer that operates within the M25 so call 02082750578. Installers are also in other parts of the country so call us on 01993 704981 for more information on these click HERE to go to soundproofing installation page.
Acoustic products for most noise problems!
We have been soundproofing stockists and acoustic insulation suppliers since 1969 and so are one of the longest established and experienced companies in the soundproofing business. As such we are able to offer acoustic solutions to both commercial and domestic customers and can help draw up a specification to meet the noise regulations in Part E of the Building Regulations for both new build and change of use of buildings into flats. In addition, if you have a noisy neighbour the other side of a party wall or beneath a floor or above a ceiling, we have an acoustic solution to control the noise through those structures as well. So in short, we can help control noise in the following among others:
- Change of use into flats to meet noise control regulations
- Upgrade soundproofing of floors in existing flats created before noise control regulations were introduced.
- Upgrade soundproofing of walls in existing flats created before noise control regulations were introduced.
- Noisy pumps commercial and domestic
- Noisy machinery
- Soundproofing for vehicles
- Noise control for white goods
- Soundproofing a garage
- Soundproofing a room
Sound Service, the acoustic insulation company you can depend on
As a well established, specialist company, Sound Service are able to offer soundproofing advice on a wide range of noise issues and because we are stockists of most of the soundproofing materials we offer, can deliver quickly and efficiently. Orders can be despatched on a next day service or the cheaper standard service that normally takes a few days. Upgrades to timed and am deliveries are also available. For those unable to call us during the day, we also have an online purchasing service that can be accessed from the soundproofing prices page or you can send us an email enquiry that we will be pleased to respond to.
Cheap sound proofing of your home is now available
Because we are able to offer such a wide range of soundproofing systems it is now possible to soundproof your wall, floor or ceiling at a price to suit your budget. It is not true that the more you spend the more efficient any soundproofing becomes because the most efficient system we can offer for walls is also one of the cheapest. But what is true is that the more efficient systems usually take up more space.
Soundproofed walls - products and systems from least to most efficient
- 27.5mm thick QuietPanel screw on soundproofing system.
- 50mm thick M20AD glue-on soundproofing system.
- Stud Wall an independent, soundproofed stud wall system.
Soundproofed floors - products and systems from least to most efficient
- AMW100 between the joists – should be used along with other soundproofing materials.
- SoundBlocker Quilt between the joists – should be used along with other soundproofing materials.
- Minimum two layers of 5kg 2mm thick Soundproofing Mat on top of the wooden floorboards.
- 15mm QuietFloor Plus acoustic underlay for carpets and wood floors.
- R10 Floating floor system.
- Any combination of the above.
Soundproofed ceilings - products and systems from least to most efficient
- SoundBlocker Membrane plus 15mm Acoustic Plasterboard screwed to existing ceiling.
- Resilient Bar decoupled ceiling with 30mm of Acoustic Plasterboard.
- Studio Ceiling, an independent lower timber joisted soundproofed ceiling.
Part E systems for walls and floors
To meet the Building Regulations Part E for noise control through separating walls and ceilings the last two options under the Soundproofing Walls options above will comply. With regard to separating floors, a combination of the R10 floating floor and AMW100 between the joists and the Resilient Bar system for soundproofing ceilings should be used.
Sound proofing and sound absorbing products for the professional installer
Because of our ability to stock and supply a wide range of soundproofing and sound absorbing products we are able to supply both the end user and the trade with no undue delays. For customers that are in a particular hurry, they can also call in and collect their acoustic requirements during our normal business hours Monday to Friday. Well known, national Builders Merchants and insulation suppliers also have accounts with us and for customers that prefer, they can order through merchants such as Jewsons or SIG.
Most popular sound proofing products
Sound proofing for walls
- 27.5mm QuietPanel ultra thin wall acoustic panel.
- 20mm M20AD recycled rubber soundproofing.
- SoundBlocker Quilt
- SBM5 Sound Barrier Mat
- T50S self-adhesive sound barrier mat
- AMW type acoustic mineral wool
- Acoustic Plasterboard
Sound proofing for floors
- AMW100 acoustic infill between joists.
- SoundBlocker Quilt superior acoustic infill between joists.
- SBM5 sound barrier mat for on top of wooden floors.
- Tecsound T50 sound barrier mat for on top of wooden floors.
- 10mm A10 acoustic underlay for reducing impact noise.
- 4.2mm Laminate floor acoustic underlay to reduce impact noise.
- 5mm Linoroll acoustic underlay for vinyl and tiles for impact noise reduction.
- 10mm R10 Floating floor insulation.
- 18mm QuietBoard a high density t&g floorboard for use with R10.
Sound proofing for ceilings
Sound proofing Foam
- Click HERE to view our extensive range of soundproofing foams for reducing noise from machinery and engines along with all industrial applications requiring noise control.
Most popular sound absorbing products to reduce reverberation in rooms
- Wallsorption sound absorbing panels for walls.
- Steelsorption sound absorbing panels for workshop walls.
- Echosorption Plus stick-on sound absorbing tiles for walls and ceilings.
- Cloudsorption Shapes suspended sound absorbers in different shapes and sizes.
Click HERE to see our full range of wall mounted sound absorbing products to reduce echo within rooms.
Click HERE to see our full range of ceiling mounted sound absorbing products to reduce echo within rooms.